Monday, November 27, 2006

Mortally wounded

My mum said I was lazy!

Michael said he sees it more as being distracted, I see it as the never ending drudgery of picking up, cleaning, preparing meals and picking up another 4 or 5 times.

No I don't have a tidy house, I do still manage to spend what I consider to be too much time cleaning, washing and picking up. I picked up the lounge 5 times yesterday. We spent all morning outside and went to a christmas party in the afternoon but still it was never ending. Riley was even kind enough to draw a picture for me above the lounge, I did take mums advice and made him clean it off.

Monday is really meant to be a rest day before a week of kindy and trips to therapy but not today! so far I have been to the grocery store and dropped Alec at kindy, prepared dinner including a potato salad, marinated some chops and cleaned 2 toilets and 1 bathroom and changed 4 nappies, and it is not even 11am yet! I could keep going all day but I just don't have that 'I love cleaning' bug, wish I did, I have friends who love to clean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah mind-numbing isn't it? I do my best, and am blessed with a husband that doesn't see dirt (unless I drop it on his head of course). I can't wait for the day where things stay where I put them...and other things make their way independently of me to where they belong. I can dream can't I? lol

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha.. i like this one , cleaning is over rated hun .. lol .. why pick up what could be back there in under ten min'z , the best time to clean is when every one else is asleep , but by then you are knacked , so u just sit back with a coffee and eyes closed to the mess and just breath in the peace and quite , cheers kathy