Thursday, June 14, 2007

I yelled

I never yell at Alec, I call out to summons him but never do I yell at him, until yesterday. Sometimes you just get to the end of the line, there is nothing left to haul in and you snap. I've had such a problem communicating with him the last ten days. He missed almost 2 weeks of school and was allowed to do whatever he liked. I know he does hear directions and questions but can look like he doesn't.

I yelled just answer me!!!!!!!!!!

I had been trying to get him to get dressed for school for almost an hour, by this time we are now running late for school. It was awful, he told me he was never going to have a lie down cuddle with me at bed time ever again. This was to be my punishment for yelling.

Sometimes you run out of resources, sometimes you yell instead of walking away. Yelling relieves a little bit of the pent up frustration but neither action gets any result at all.

No comments: