Friday, December 22, 2006

The other child

You know what is the hardest thing to balance, how to split yourself fairly and equally between your children. I know sometimes Riley comes out second best, but that is no excuse for him to scream at me for an hour and 15 minutes, I admit a good amount of that time I locked myself in the bathroom. For some reason Riley is unable to accept NO from me, but if my mum says NO, he says "ok mutti" if Michael wasn't on holidays and my mother in law wasn't staying here I'm not sure I would be so calm right now, because the prospect of spending the day with my 3 year old sends me cold, it is strength i sometimes don't have.

Alec on the other hand is handling the holidays very well, there is a little more stress evident as he gets overwhelmed by some situations but on the whole he is doing well. I even got a photo of Alec and Santa and then he wanted to go back again with Riley, this is the same boy who when asked looked fearful and hid behind something at the mention of santa photos, we have come a long way.

No comments: